5 Types of Vegan Materials to Make Sustainable Footwear
Vegan is not just a material but a way of life. We are not unaware of human impact on nature. On the contrary, humans play an essential role in maintaining environmental balance. One way of bringing change is using alternate materials that can reduce carbon footprint, prevent animal cruelty and much more.
Developing products made of vegan materials, and opting for vegan footwear, clothing etc. is the first step towards contributing to the environment.
This article discusses the top 5 vegan materials that make the best choice for sustainable footwear.
What are Vegan Shoes Made of?
Vegan footwear is animal-friendly shoes made from various materials that do not incorporate animal products. These include natural and synthetic materials like jute, microfibers, corks, cotton, rubber, etc.
Using vegan materials poses various advantages both on ethical and environmental levels. Few include:
- Prevents exploitation and cruelty against animals
- Reduces carbon footprint
- Reduces use of non-renewable resources
- It provides more durability to withstand wear and tear
- It offers comfort and is lightweight
Where to Buy the Best Vegan Shoes?
Are you against animal cruelty and wish to invest in products that do not include animal material? Then Paaduks is the brand for you who are here to make sustainability accessible to all. Known for its first-of-its-kind footwear, Paaduks footwear aims to promote sustainable footwear made of vegan materials. They use ethical and environmentally friendly methods to produce high-quality, handmade shoes by expert artisans.
So, are you wondering what makes vegan shoes by Paaduks the best? Check out the perks:
- Designed using vegan materials like upcycled waste rubber tyres, fabric and cork
- A comfortable insole that is soft on the feet
- Adjustable vegan straps
- Handcrafted by expert artisans
- Made sustainably
There are different materials used for designing vegan footwear. So let us learn about various vegan materials used in developing vegan shoes.
5 Different Types of Vegan Materials Using in Paaduks
A natural and sustainable material widely used in footwear. It is commonly made from the bark of the cork oak tree, harvested every 9 to 10 years without harming the tree. They are widely used in vegan footwear like sandals, flip-flops, clogs, and much more.
Corks are durable, comfortable, lightweight, sustainable and resistant to water. It makes it best to wear during monsoon and provides comfort and resistance from slip.
Cork sandals by Paaduks are completely waterproof. It makes the best pick for all weather and is suitable for long walks across different terrain. Check out the perks below:
- Comfortable insole made of natural cork
- Flexible and pain resistant
- Entirely waterproof
- Handcrafted by artisans
Also known as microfiber suede, it is a synthetic material that resembles real suede. It is used as an alternative to traditional suede made of animal hides.
Vegan suedes are cruelty-free, durable, less prone to stretching and shrinking, easy to clean, water-resistant and cost-effective. Check out one of the to selling vegan suede sandals from Paaduks:
A perfect combination of comfort and class, calor brown sandals for men are made of vegan suede, providing complete comfort. Check out a few USPs:
- Handcrafted by artisans
- Comfortable 8mm insole made of rubber tyres
- The upper layer is made of soft suede material
- Its cruelty-free and PETA certified
It is a fabric made from cotton. Corduroy shoes are characterized by their distinct texture in the form of cords. It is used for making footwear which is known for its comfort and durability. Check out the USPs of Paaduks Nua Mud Corduroy Mules for women:
Nua mud mules are a classic example of comfort. Its distinctive pattern makes it suitable for all occasions and a perfect pick to show off your fashion sense.
- Known for its distinct cord pattern
- Highly durable and provides the best comfort
- Available in a variety of colours
- Made of upcycled rubber tyre insoles
- The upper layer is made of soft corduroy fabric combined with vegan leather lining
Cotton is a completely vegan and environmentally friendly material. Moreover, it is breathable and soft, making it the best fabric for footwear. Besides, it is lightweight and easy to maintain, making it the best choice for designing a range of footwear like slip-on, closed-toe shoes and much more. Check out the USPs of Paaduks footwear made with natural cotton fabric below:
Ethnic and environmentally friendly, Kaito printed cotton shoe sandals by Paaduk are made using cotton fabric. It gives it an enticing look and adds to its beauty. Here are a few perks:
- Soft padding of faux leather
- Beautiful upper layer of cotton
- Adjustable faux leather strap for support
- Comfortable 8mm insole made of upcycled rubber tyres
- Handcrafted by experts combined with sustainable packaging
Jute is a form of natural vegetable fibre derived from the stem of the jute plant. Jute footwear is sustainable and affordable and is used for manufacturing vegan shoes. Moreover, they are completely eco-friendly and durable. Find Paaduks footwear made with Jute fabric below:
Paaduk’s flip-flop footwear is made of jute and designed keeping in mind its eco-friendly nature. Combined with faux leather and upcycled rubber, it is the perfect cruelty-free product and a comfort companion for all occasions and seasons. Check out the USPs:
- Entirely vegan and cruelty-free
- Made of upcycled rubber, faux leather and jute
- Comfortable on the feet
- Easy to wear and designed in an eco-conscious manner
Things to Remember While Choosing Vegan Shoes
Vegan means anything that is not derived from animals. It is entirely animal-free. Thus, when choosing vegan footwear, make sure to check the below points:
- Is the shoe labeled as animal free or vegan? Most manufacturers use labels to indicate animal products used during production
- What are the materials used? These can include a range of products from polyester, rubber and microfibers
- Check for the product’s durability and comfort
- Read reviews and check the brand’s reputation and see if they give good customer service
- Consider the production process to check if eco-friendly and sustainable footwear is produced ethically
Looking for the above points when choosing vegan footwear will assist in buying high-quality shoes wherein the needs align with the values.
Choosing the right type of vegan shoes requires a good understanding of vegan material and an observable mind that can check for nuances. These eco-friendly and sustainable products make the perfect alternative to traditional materials like suede, leather, etc. So, opt for an ethical way, and choose vegan.
Visit Paaduk's website to check for a range of the best vegan footwear and prevent leaving a carbon footprint.